Teaser Text: Leaders in the Venture Capital Industry will steer Florida’s largest venture organization.
Category: Stonehenge News
MIAMI and TAMPA, FLORIDA - JULY 16, 2019 - The Florida Venture Forum, a statewide support and member organization for investors and entrepreneurs, today announced its 2019 - 2020 slate of board officers and executive committee members.
"It's a great honor to serve as chair of the Florida Venture Forum for the coming 2019-2020 board term, and I am particularly excited to share the leadership of our organization with such an esteemed group of industry leaders," said Travis Milks, managing partner of Stonehenge Growth Equity Partners and incoming chair of the Florida Venture Forum. "This is an exciting time for the VC industry in Florida and nationwide, and I look forward to working with my fellow Forum board members to fulfill the Forum's mission of helping dynamic and growing companies connect with the capital and services they need to grow and scale."
The Forum's board officers, past chairs, and at large officers form the organization's executive committee, which provides high-level leadership and direction to the organization and its staff, the board of directors, and to Florida's thriving and growing entrepreneurial ecosystem and venture capital industry.
2019 - 2020 Board Officers
• Chair, Travis Milks - Managing Partner, Stonehenge Growth Equity Partners, Tampa, FL
• Vice Chair, Carolyn Mathis - Partner, Harbor View Advisors, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
• Treasurer, Jeff Olender - Partner, Cherry Bekaert, Tampa, FL
• Membership Chair, Casey Swercheck - Director, Capitala Group, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
• Program Chair, Mark Volchek - Partner, Las Olas Venture Capital, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
• Conference Presenter Selection Chair, Jennifer Dunham - Partner, Arsenal, Orlando, FL
• Florida Venture Capital Conference Co-Chair, Steve Castino - Partner, Vestal & Wiler, Orlando, FL
• Florida Venture Capital Conference Co-Chair, Beau Baker - Partner, Akerman, Jacksonville, FL
Past Chairs and Chairs Emeriti:
• Daniel Aronson - Partner, Berger Singerman, Miami, FL
• Dave Felman - Shareholder, Hill Ward Henderson, Tampa, FL
• Ken Grider - Managing Director, Raymond James, St. Petersburg, FL
• Wayne Hunter - Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Harbert Growth Partners, Richmond, VA
• John Igoe - Partner, Locke Lord, West Palm Beach, FL
• Steve Lux - Managing Partner, Stonehenge Growth Equity, Tampa, FL
At Large Board Officers:
• Sean Barkman - Principal, Ballast Point Ventures, Tampa, FL
• Nayef Perry - Managing Director, Hamilton Lane, Miami, FL
• Frank X. Dalton - Founder and Partner, Fulcrum Equity Partners, Atlanta, GA
• Nelson Castellano - Shareholder, Trenam Law, Tampa, FL
• Tim Cartwright - Partner, Fifth Avenue Family Office, Naples, FL
• Steve Vazquez - Partner, Foley & Lardner, Tampa, FL
About Stonehenge Growth Equity Partners
Since 1999, the team at Stonehenge Growth Equity Partners (SGEP) has been investing in growth stage businesses. By developing trusted relationships with experienced entrepreneurs, SGEP supports its portfolio companies through the most dynamic phases of their lifecycles. Based in Tampa, FL, SGEP invests in companies where an entrepreneur is applying proven technology to solve a business problem. These technology-enabled businesses, located in the southeastern United States, typically generate at least $3M of revenue and are profitable. Our target investment size is $1M to $5M in each portfolio company. For more information, visit www.stonehengegrowthequity.com.
About the Florida Venture Forum
The Florida Venture Forum is Florida's largest and most prestigious statewide support organization for venture capitalists and entrepreneurs, helping emerging growth companies come together with sources of capital from across the country. To date, the Forum has helped Florida-based companies attract over $6 billion of equity capital investment and has contributed well over $9 Billion in overall economic value to the State of Florida. The organization provides programs statewide throughout the year in addition to hosting the Florida Venture Capital Conference, the Statewide Collegiate Business Plan Competition and the Florida Early Stage/Angel Capital Conference. For more information, visit www.flventure.org or send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.